❗️ PII data in an article is all fake for demonstration purposes
What are Input Attributes?
The Input Attributes represent data you want to declare and pass to Alloy's API for each workflow. After declaration, they may be included within threshold rules and output attributes in this workflow.
How to add Input Attributes?
In workflows, you can use data ingested directly from your data feed to create Input Attributes for more complex decisioning or informational tagging.
To add the field as an Input Attribute within a workflow:
- Navigate to the workflow version you would like to update.
- Click “Attributes” on the Upper right side of the screen (highlighted in pink).
- You will first see the Output Attributes panel. On the Output Attributes panel that appears, click “Input” on the middle right side of the screen.
- The panel will change to Input Attributes. Look for the input field (pink arrow) to type in the attribute name.
- Type the attribute name. Then select the appropriate data type from the appearing drop-down menu.
NOTE: The attribute name must match how the data is supplied to Alloy. For example, if the supplied data field is “address_state”: “NY”, the attribute name must be address_state and select the data type string.
- Click "Add Input Attribute." For example, adding attribute address_state, which is expected to be string type.
- Once complete, a blue node named “Input " will appear at the beginning of the workflow.
NOTE: In “Input ”, the  represents the number of Input Attributes. If a total of 3 Input Attributes were added, then the blue node would be named “Input”.
- Now you can add dependent actions for the added Input Attribute by hovering over the node then pressing the "+" that appears (pink arrow). In this example, dependent actions can be added to the address_state attribute.
- Once clicked, an “Add Child Action” popup will appear. You can select and fill in the appropriate conditions. When ready to add, press the “Add Child Action” button. In this example, the following condition was added: If address_state is equal to “NY”, then tag the “New York State” tag.
- Once added, a tag will appear linked to the blue “Input " node in the workflow. When clicked, you can see the threshold logic of the tag.
NOTE: the color of the tag (in this example, in gray) is customizable in Settings or can be updated by pressing “EDIT” next to the tag name.
- Once this version of the workflow is set active, incoming applicants will get tagged. For example, applicants with address_state = “NY” will now fire the “New York State” tag.
Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance!