Webhook Logs are a real-time tool to help you confirm which outgoing webhook requests Alloy has made to your webhook server. It is located within Settings, under Webhook Logs.
The Webhook Logs setting is available for all customers, even if no webhooks have been previously set up.
The following details are available to view from the Webhook Logs:
- Time - The timestamp Alloy made the request to the client’s webhook server
- Name - The name set when creating the webhook
- Event - Webhook event type that triggered the webhook request
- Attempt - The number of retries Alloy has attempted to send the webhook request
- Endpoint - Webhook URL the request was sent to
- Response - HTTP Response Code returned when making the request
- Exception (if applicable) - Error message if something goes wrong
- Payload content - Click on a specific log to see more details, including all previous attempts for a webhook
Log of Retry Attempts
If applicable, a webhook log will also contain a list of past attempted retries for that webhook. Alloy will attempt to send all webhooks up to 10 times with exponential backoff.
Search and Filtering
The Webhook Logs can be filtered by the data points available in the table. You can free type search for any webhooks Alloy has sent in the past six months or filter by any of the table columns, except for the Attempt column.
The search functionality also supports searching by anything contained within the webhook request payload. For example, you can use the search bar to search for an entity token.