The List service, which includes the Allowlist and Denylist, is an Alloy service that automatically approves or denies evaluations based on one or more personally identifiable information (PII) elements.
Data services like Iovation provide unique device identifiers as a form of PII. Using the List service to check for Device Alias requires specific workflow changes, detailed below.
In this example workflow, Data Routing must be configured so that Iovation runs before the List service. Iovation runs first, collects Device Alias information, and then passes that to the List service for evaluation.
The screenshot below shows the thresholds for the Allowlist Approved and Denylist Denied tags.
Data Routing configuration is handled at the data service node level.
- Click on the green Iovation data service node to expand the Action menu.
- Click on the Data Routing tab on the left side of the Action menu.
- Use the Add New Outgoing Route drop-down to select Uuid, an alias for Device Alias/Device ID.
- Click on the pulsating chain link icon from the now gray Allowlist data service node. This will cause the data service nodes to move in your workflow to show the new dependency.
- Use the Add New Outgoing Route drop-down to select Uuid.
- Click on the pulsating chain link icon from the now gray Denylist data service node. You should now see both Allowlist and Denylist data service nodes to the right of the Iovation data service node.
This article provides a general example and may not fit your exact use case or Workflow configuration.