You may potentially see a Refused To Connect error when trying to login, register or reset your password to Alloy's Support Portal. The error can look something like this:
The most common cause for this is related to ad blockers and browser's cookie settings. If all cookies are disabled within the browser settings and/or are disabled via browser extensions, it can impact a website's performance. Many browsers are now heading in the direction of higher privacy and security options for users, so these settings can often be enabled by default for you by the browser.
The steps below outline how to enable cookies in common browsers. If you are using a different browser, similar options should be available in its settings.
1. Navigate to your Chrome's Preferences
2. Then navigate to Privacy and Security from Chrome's left-hand navigation. From there, select Cookies and other site data
3. Under General settings, enable the Allow all cookies option
For more information, please see Chrome's documentation here.
1. Navigate to your Safari's Preferences
2. Tab over to Privacy. From there, uncheck the Block all cookies option to enable all cookies
For more information, please see Apple's documentation here.
1. Navigate to your Firefox's Preferences
2. Select the Privacy & Security option from the left-hand navigation. From there, select the Standard tracking preference.
For more information, please see Mozilla's documentation here.
Brave and other Privacy browsers
If you are using privacy browsers like Brave, you may need to consider using a different browser, such as Chrome.
After that is done, you can navigate back to help.alloy.com and create your Zendesk account. If you've directly emailed Alloy Support already, Zendesk may have already created a user account for you - if you see an error indicating that your account exists, you can simply reset your password and log in as normal.